- ACRES activism Animals Biodiversity Books Bukit Brown Bukit Timah Nature Reserve Cambridge Camping Changi Chek Jawa Cicada Tree climate change climbing Conservation Consumerism Coral reefs Cyrene Reef Dairy Farm deforestation Earth day Earth Summit East Coast Park Ecolit Ecology Education environment Environmentalism extinction Fieldwork geology Gerik Governance Guiding Hiking ICCS inspiration JGIS Labrador Nature Reserve Lim Chu Kang Macritchie Malaysia Marine environment Marine trash Mega Marine Survey NParks NUS outdoors Outreach Pasir Ris Park Plants Pulau Semakau Pulau Ubin Rimba RMBR Serangoon reservoir Singapore St John's Island Sungei Buloh sustainable development Tanah Merah Tanjong Rimau Team Seagrass TMSI Toddycats UK UN UNEP Walks of Life WED wildlife writing WWD Year-round cleanup Zoo
- I’ve moved!
- The last of the Greater Patagonian Trail update.
- Part 3: Puerto Ibañez to El Chaltén – Heading south in search of Mount Fitzroy
- Part 2: El Bolsón to Puerto Ibañez – hitching down the Carretera Austral, Patagonia proper & experiencing English weather
- Part 1: Coñaripe to El Bolsón – when we came close to starvation and started changing our plans
- The end of our expedition
- A month on trail
- Rekindling natural curiosities
Tag Archives: Pulau Semakau
I was very very glad to have been able to attend Professor Leo Tan’s talk entitled “You Live Your Belief” last Wednesday, 25 April. It was hosted at the NUS Shaw Foundation Alumni House Auditorium as it was actually an alumni … Continue reading
[update 23 Feb: some links added] Last Sunday (19 Feb 2012) TeamSeagrass went to Pulau Semakau for yet another round of seagrass monitoring! It was my first seagrass monitoring trip for the year, as I missed the one at Chek Jawa … Continue reading
Most Singaporeans, if they do know what P. Semakau is, don’t know that it offers much more than just being a landfill for our trash. There is wildlife to be found there too! TeamSeagrass was there on 26 Nov, Saturday, … Continue reading
Another back-dated post:/ We gathered at Marina South pier early in the morning (22 May), before daybreak. I shared a cab with Chun Fong and Marcus, but he ended up having a bad stomachache and was unable to join us … Continue reading
Woke up bright and early this morning to go Pulau Semakau for Project Driftnet. Project Driftnet aims to document location and types of nets/traps found on our shores as well as the organisms trapped within. They will subsequently be removed … Continue reading