- ACRES activism Animals Biodiversity Books Bukit Brown Bukit Timah Nature Reserve Cambridge Camping Changi Chek Jawa Cicada Tree climate change climbing Conservation Consumerism Coral reefs Cyrene Reef Dairy Farm deforestation Earth day Earth Summit East Coast Park Ecolit Ecology Education environment Environmentalism extinction Fieldwork geology Gerik Governance Guiding Hiking ICCS inspiration JGIS Labrador Nature Reserve Lim Chu Kang Macritchie Malaysia Marine environment Marine trash Mega Marine Survey NParks NUS outdoors Outreach Pasir Ris Park Plants Pulau Semakau Pulau Ubin Rimba RMBR Serangoon reservoir Singapore St John's Island Sungei Buloh sustainable development Tanah Merah Tanjong Rimau Team Seagrass TMSI Toddycats UK UN UNEP Walks of Life WED wildlife writing WWD Year-round cleanup Zoo
- I’ve moved!
- The last of the Greater Patagonian Trail update.
- Part 3: Puerto Ibañez to El Chaltén – Heading south in search of Mount Fitzroy
- Part 2: El Bolsón to Puerto Ibañez – hitching down the Carretera Austral, Patagonia proper & experiencing English weather
- Part 1: Coñaripe to El Bolsón – when we came close to starvation and started changing our plans
- The end of our expedition
- A month on trail
- Rekindling natural curiosities
Tag Archives: extinction
I’ve just got back from a road trip up to Malaysia with my family, and the one thing that struck me throughout the whole drive up and down was the oil palm plantations. Almost everywhere. Oil palm plantations are brought … Continue reading
My project this term is on coral reef fisheries, and involves conducting rather extensive literature searches for data. I have also been reading The Unnatural History of the Sea: The past and future of humanity and fishing by Professor Callum Roberts, … Continue reading
Note: this is an edited version of a piece I wrote for a writing competition earlier. Comments/critiques welcome! One of the earliest known writing is the Sumerian cuneiform, dated about 3000 BC. The ancient Sumer civilisation was possibly the first … Continue reading