- ACRES activism Animals Biodiversity Books Bukit Brown Bukit Timah Nature Reserve Cambridge Camping Changi Chek Jawa Cicada Tree climate change climbing Conservation Consumerism Coral reefs Cyrene Reef Dairy Farm deforestation Earth day Earth Summit East Coast Park Ecolit Ecology Education environment Environmentalism extinction Fieldwork geology Gerik Governance Guiding Hiking ICCS inspiration JGIS Labrador Nature Reserve Lim Chu Kang Macritchie Malaysia Marine environment Marine trash Mega Marine Survey NParks NUS outdoors Outreach Pasir Ris Park Plants Pulau Semakau Pulau Ubin Rimba RMBR Serangoon reservoir Singapore St John's Island Sungei Buloh sustainable development Tanah Merah Tanjong Rimau Team Seagrass TMSI Toddycats UK UN UNEP Walks of Life WED wildlife writing WWD Year-round cleanup Zoo
- I’ve moved!
- The last of the Greater Patagonian Trail update.
- Part 3: Puerto Ibañez to El Chaltén – Heading south in search of Mount Fitzroy
- Part 2: El Bolsón to Puerto Ibañez – hitching down the Carretera Austral, Patagonia proper & experiencing English weather
- Part 1: Coñaripe to El Bolsón – when we came close to starvation and started changing our plans
- The end of our expedition
- A month on trail
- Rekindling natural curiosities
Tag Archives: Coral reefs
My project this term is on coral reef fisheries, and involves conducting rather extensive literature searches for data. I have also been reading The Unnatural History of the Sea: The past and future of humanity and fishing by Professor Callum Roberts, … Continue reading
I’m finally back in Singapore after 11 months, having spent the last month in South Africa on a biodiversity research expedition with Operation Wallacea. With 10 other university students from the UK, USA and Canada, we spent 3 weeks at Struwig Eco … Continue reading
I just got back from the Philippines where I volunteered for a month with Coral Cay Conservation (CCC), a UK-based organisation that uses citizen science to gather scientific data, and works with the local community to protect ecosystems. CCC has … Continue reading
Note: I lost my camera right after this trip (while washing up in the toilet I think), so no photos of this trip 😦 I used to stay at Tanah Merah for about 5 years or so, and I’d always … Continue reading
[updated: 16 June 2012] I fell sick after Beting Bronok, but was glad I got well enough to go Kusu the next day, Thu 7 Jun! Kusu island means Tortoise Island in Chinese, and there are several legends explaining the … Continue reading
[Update 16 April: Names and IDs of some animals added] I don’t remember when my last pre-dawn trip was already, but I’m very sure it was quite a while ago! But anyway, explored Lazarus Seringat-Kias last Saturday (7 April) and … Continue reading